Do you dream of travelling the world working as a scuba instructor? With this globally recognized certification, you can work at SSI Training Centers represented in over 130 countries. This in-depth program provides all you need to become an SSI Open Water Instructor. Once certified, you can train new SSI divers, teach Enriched Air Nitrox, Diver Stress & Rescue and create Dive Guides. The possibilities are endless, so start your dive career now!
- Instructor Trainer to complete your course
- SSI online training
- Pool fees
- Internationally recognised Open Water Instructor certification
- SSI Instructor Evaluation ($720)
- SSI Professional Registration Fee ($110)
- AS2299.1 dive medical current within 12 months.
This course structure will be organised when you have your personal orientation with a staff member.
DURATION: Home study Approximately 30 hours
CLASS, POOL & OPEN WATER : 6 days (Theory + pool) + 2 days (Instructor Evaluation)
- Be at least 18 years old
- Be a certified SSI Assistant Instructor
- Full set of personal professional diving equipment and safety accessories.
- BCD, Regulator 1st & 2nd Stage and Alternate Air-source, Dive Computer & Compass, SPG or Air Integration.
- Safety signaling system surface (Whistle) SMB & Finger Reel,
- Knife, Pocket Mask, Slate, Optional: Signal Mirror, Gloves, Rattle & Jon Line.
- Have current CPR & 02 Provider within 12 months and First Aid within 2 Years.
- Have a current medical exam for a diving professional AS2299.1 not older than 1 year and signed by a licensed medical practitioner
- Logged a total of at least 75 open water dives
CERTIFICATION AND ACTIVE STATUS REQUIREMENTS:
- Logged a total of at least 100 open water dives totaling 65 hours or more.
- Read and complete all sections, including reviews and assessments, from the Instructor Training Course
- Complete all academic sessions as outlined in the instructor manual for the Instructor Training Course.
- Complete the Candidate Water Fitness Evaluation as outlined in the SSI Training Standards if it has been more
than six months since the candidate has been evaluated.
- Pass all requirements and evaluations as outlined in the instructor manual for the Instructor Training Course.
After passing the Instructor Training Course you may teach and certify Open Water students
- 700m snorkel not using arms while neutrally buoyant in less than 15 minutes
- 100m tow (both divers full set gear) in less than 7 minutes
- 15 minute survival float in only swim wear
- 25m underwater swim with mask & fins
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.