The apex of the SSI Freediving Course, Level 3 will take you to depths of 40 meters. Freediving well below the residual volume of the lungs, this is the specialist deep freediving course and will equip you with the proper knowledge to take you into the deep blue and beyond.
Dive Newcastle has Mike Wells well known Freediving (IT) Instructor Trainer onboard staff who will take you to whatever lever Freediver you want to become or maybe you want to go all the way to Instructor level. Check out Mikes videos.
What is involved?
The SSI Freediving Level 3 course consists of the following:
- Knowledge development through independent study with the mySSI App. This is to be completed prior to the course day and the instructor will review any questions you have prior to the pool session.
- A multiple-choice exam
- Pool session to learn breathhold techniques as well as static and dynamic apnea, plus proper safety, buddying, and rescue procedures. Goal – static apnea of at least 3min 30sec and dynamic apnea of at least 75 metres.
- Open water sessions to practice free immersion and constant weight freedives, plus proper buddy procedures. Goal – constant weight freedive between 30 and 40 metres.
What will you learn?
- Freediving equipment, including rigging ropes and floats
- Advanced freediving physiology
- Advanced freediving equalisation, including mouth-fill equalisation and functional residual capacity (FRC) training
- Safe freediving practices
- Training techniques, including thoracic cavity stretching and developing training tables
- Course materials
- Self-development of knowledge through the mySSI App.
- One day of pool sessions that includes static apnea, dynamic apnea and rescue techniques (typically three hours
- Three days of open water sessions.
- Certification, upon successful course completion.
What’s not included?
- Personal equipment (mask, snorkel, fins, wetsuit, weight belt).
|MINIMUM AGE FOR PARTICIPATION||18|
|CERTIFICATION PREREQUISITES||Not applicable / mandatory|
|AMOUNT OF ACADEMIC SESSIONS||4|
|AMOUNT OF POOL/CONFINED WATER SESSIONS||2|
|AMOUNT OF OPEN WATER DIVES||5|
|MAXIMUM TRAINING DEPTH||40m / 120ft|
|SUGGESTED DURATION OF THE TRAINING PROGRAM||32-40 h|
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.