Ready to take your freediving to the next level? Increase your average breath-hold, improve your freediving efficiency, and take yourself to greater depths. Learn exciting new breath-holding techniques with the SSI Freediving Level 2 program.
Take it to the next level! Experience the deep peace of a “freefall” and the buzz of completing a deep dive. The SSI Level 2 Freediving course will equip you with further knowledge of the mammalian dive reflex and how to initiate the best response for Freediving You will learn advanced equalization techniques, work on longer breath-holds, understand how to use your change in buoyancy during a dive to be more efficient on deeper dives, learn new training methods, and develop the skills necessary to freedive beyond 20m to depths of up to 30 meters.
Dive Newcastle has Mike Wells well known Freediving (IT) Instructor Trainer onboard staff who will take you to whatever lever Freediver you want to become or maybe you want to go all the way to Instructor level. Check out Mikes videos.
|Minimum Age for Participation||15|
|Amount of Academic Sessions||3|
|Amount of Pool/Confined Water Sessions||2|
|Amount of Open Water Dives||4|
|Maximum Training Depth||30 / 90|
|Suggested Duration of the Training Program||24-30 Hours|
What is involved?
The SSI Freediving Level 2 course consists of the following:
- Knowledge development through independent study with the mySSI App. This is to be completed prior to the course day and the instructor will review any questions you have prior to the pool session.
- A multiple-choice exam
- Pool session to learn breathhold techniques as well as static and dynamic apnea, plus proper safety, buddying, and rescue procedures. Goal – static apnea of at least 2min 30sec and dynamic apnea of at least 50 metres.
- Open water sessions to practice free immersion and constant weight freedives, plus proper buddy procedures. Goal – constant weight freedive between 20 and 30 metres.
What will you learn?
- Freediving equipment
- Advanced freediving physiology
- Advanced freediving equalisation
- Safe freediving practices
- Training techniques
- Course materials
- Self-development of knowledge through the mySSI App.
- One day of pool sessions that includes static apnea, dynamic apnea and rescue techniques
- Two days of open water sessions.
- A fun dive with wildlife on the open water day (time and conditions permitting and dependent on course location – please see individual course details).
- Certification, upon successful course completion.
What’s not included?
- Personal equipment (mask, snorkel, fins, wetsuit, weight belt).
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.