This learn to Dive course is the perfect gift for your loved ones this Christmas!
Learning To Scuba Dive is a life changing experience and allows you to see places that few people have had the opportunity to explore. Over seventy percent of the world is underwater and becoming a qualified diver is your license to jump in and enjoy!
Certifies you to be an competent independent Diver skilled to Dive to 18 metres and is recognised globally.
- Minimum age is 10. Restrictions apply to 12m. (Special bookings are required for any students aged under 12 years, due to limited depth and reduced class sizes. Total class size is reduced to a maximum of 4 (2 Adults & 2 Children).*
Children under the age of 15 must be accompanied by a parent or adult over the age of 18. Special Booking Request must be made.
12 to 15 years of age can qualify for the SSI Junior Open Water Diver, allowing you to a depth of 18m. Juniors must always dive with an adult. All persons under the age of 18 require parent/guardian signature for participation.*
Children under the age of 15 must be accompanied by a parent or adult over the age of 18.
- Successfully complete the fitness to dive questionnaire. (A medical is only required if you answer yes to any of the following questions on this form.)
- CLICK HERE FOR MEDICAL QUESTIONNAIRE
- Swim 200m without stopping. There is no time limit and you can swim in any style you like.
- Float or tread water for 10 minutes without stopping or holding on.
- Online academic training to be completed prior to face to face training
- 6 pool/confined water sessions
- 4 open water dives
- Maximum depth is 18m / 60 feet (age 12+) (age 10-11 reduced to 12m).
- Completion over 3 days (weekend or midweek options available)
- The use of modern diving equipment for the duration of the course including all Tanks, Regulators, Gauges, BCD, Weights and Wetsuits.
- Mask, Snorkel, Fins and Boots.
- Some medical conditions may prevent you from diving. For example: heart disease, asthma, or epilepsy. Cost of diving medical is not included. A medical is only required if you answer yes to any of the following questions on this form.
|What To Bring:|
- Mobile phone
- Completed paperwork with Parent/Guardian signature if required. (Contact our shop staff if you are unsure)
|*Flying After Diving Guidelines|
For a single no-decompression dive, a minimum preflight surface interval of 12 hours is suggested. (Including pool and shallow water immersions)
For multiple dives per day or multiple days of diving, a minimum preflight surface interval of 18 hours is suggested. Dive Newcastle recommends 24 hours to err on the side of safety.
For dives requiring decompression stops, 24 hours minimum is recommended.
To err on the side of safety, many divers plan a 24-hour surface interval or longer and spend their time exploring topside attractions.
- All divers and students need to follow the recommendation given by the manufacturer of the dive computer regarding No Fly Times and should always take the most conservative approach in regard's to flying after diving. Waiting longer before flying when possible after diving and exploring the top side during this period is always your best approach. This information is discussed further and in more detail during your dive course.
Dive Packages, allowing you to save hundreds of dollars off your dive training. You can bundle together 2 or more courses saving another 10%. (Must be paid in full as a bundle). Training packages are a great way to build and gain that extra experience for your upcoming vacation or diving destination like the Yongala Wreck or Osprey Reef on the Great Barrier Reef. Check out the options in the bundle slider.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.